Good humor makes all things possible.
-Charles Schultz-

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
-Shakespeare-The Merchant of Venice-

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I know what you're looking for


Carson doing his impression of me.

…and this isn't it.  The Downton Abbey recap for tonight's episode is on the drawing board, but  we HOPE intend to have it ready to post  by tonight.  Lillie's new job has her driving around town starting super early, and our goal is to get the recaps written and polished BEFORE the last minute.  Fingers crossed.

I haven't posted at all this fall, I know.  No Puerto Rico trip, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas.  Zip.

I was here.  I'll try to tell you about it at some point.

Because I'm still unemployed, and doing anything that wasn't actual paid work, or looking for paid work, felt really shameful and wrong.  I've felt way too guilty to blog.  I still do, in fact, but that's a great big slimy can of worms.  Not funny, not creative, and not sustainable.  I know.

Nobody wants to hear about that.  This isn't that kind of blog.

So.  While I wade through the muddy part of the river, we'll write recaps about Mr Carson and Mary and Violet and Edith.  It's a good season, with only a few ridiculous story lines.  Can you remember last year when you said OMIGOD HOW CAN I WAIT  UNTIL IT STARTS AGAIN?  Well--you made it!

See you tomorrow!

Yes, really.

2 comments:

  1. During the Downton downtime, I found Lark Rise to Candleford (Mr. Bates!) and Cranford (Carson!). And an old favorite is The Cazalet Chronicles (Lord Grantham).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would happily read about the doldrums because you make everything funny, honey.
    And I second those Cazalet Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete