Good humor makes all things possible.
-Charles Schultz-

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
-Shakespeare-The Merchant of Venice-

Monday, September 17, 2012

I know something you don't know





Sunday night in the United Kingdom, people gathered around the telly and watched Season Three, Episode One of Downtown Abbey.   

Sunday night in my living room, Lillian and I gathered around her Mac and watched it, too.

And man, oh man, is it good.

I readily admit that if I lived here by myself, I would be just like you, writhing in agony because THEY have it and YOU DON'T.  But Lillian is a kid from this generation, and she knows what buttons to push.  In fact, someone at your house might figure it out, if you pester them relentlessly.  

But I like you so I won't spoil it for you, just in case you have to wait until January.
My dear sister in law   Someone I know asked me for a synopsis,
so I wrote it up and sent it to her, but you have an iron countenance and can wait, right? 
Rest assured, it's every bit as delicious as you hope.

  


Shirley McClaine is miraculous.  New plot lines burst forth at every turn.  Carson says "hobblety-hoy."  Edith finally wears flattering clothes.  Sybil gets a peculiar haircut.  Mary's wedding dress is incredible.  Disaster is imminent.  

You wish you were me.


No comments:

Post a Comment